I have "slept on it" (as they apparently say), for a couple of nights actually, and decided that I am definitely leaving Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp. I also realized that it will *not* take a few days.
I started making in my head a list of things I need to do before I leave:
1. Download my photos from Facebook.
2. Download my photos from Instagram.
3. Go over my contacts on Facebook and find alternative ways to stay in touch with a few friends that I am currently connected via this platform only.
4. Notify everybody that I am in touch with via WhatsApp that we need a different way to connect (Signal or Telegram?).
5. Find on Patreon some comic creators that I am currently following on Instagram.
These are just some things that came to mind so far. Oh, and I am also going to document my steps here*, in case somebody is curious to know how this all can be done.
Again, no judgement for anybody who is staying. I can see already that leaving is a huge hassle, but I am not going back.
*This blog was also posted on Facebook.