I have "slept on it" (as they apparently say), for a couple of nights actually, and decided that I am definitely leaving Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp. I also realized that it will *not* take a few days.
I started making in my head a list of things I need to do before I leave:
1. Download my photos from Facebook.
2. Download my photos from Instagram.
3. Go over my contacts on Facebook and find alternative ways to stay in touch with a few friends that I am currently connected via this platform only.
4. Notify everybody that I am in touch with via WhatsApp that we need a different way to connect (Signal or Telegram?).
5. Find on Patreon some comic creators that I am currently following on Instagram.
These are just some things that came to mind so far. Oh, and I am also going to document my steps here*, in case somebody is curious to know how this all can be done.
Again, no judgement for anybody who is staying. I can see already that leaving is a huge hassle, but I am not going back.
*This blog was also posted on Facebook.
SIGN UP to receive BLOG UPDATES! Scroll down to the bottom of the page to enter your email address.
I often use this blog to share new or updated entries of my hypertext projects. If you see several versions of the same entry published over time, the latest version is the most updated one.